Environmental Problems

Report oil or hazardous chemical spills, or other emergencies to the Kentucky Environmental Response Team at 502-564-2380 or 1-800-928-2380. This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Report an environmental problem to the Field Operations Branch of the Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection

Anywhere in the United States:

Report Oil or Hazardous Chemical Spills, or other emergencies to the National Response Center at 1-800-424-8802

Report a violation of environmental law at
The Environmental Protection Agency

For environmental information:

The U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board 
Investigates and works to prevent chemical accidents.

Environmental Protection Agency
Works to protect human health and the natural environment.
Ask the EPA Ombudsman your environmental questions at 1-800-241-1754.

Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection
Has four divisions: air quality, environmental services, waste management, and water.